How does it work?
- Indiana Michigan Power offers in-store discounts on ENERGY STAR® certified lighting at select retail locations
- Qualifying LED bulbs use at least 75% less energy and last up to 25 times longer than traditional bulbs
- Must be an I&M residential customer
- Must make a qualified purchase at a participating retailer
- Varies by product – the discount for qualifying bulbs is reﬂected in the price on the shelf
To get started…
- You can identify which LEDs are discounted as part of the program by looking for the ElectricIdeas.com and Indiana Michigan Power logos on the store shelves and displays.
- The discount for the bulbs will be reflected in the shelf price.
Click here to find a participating retailer near you.
What are the benefits of switching over to LEDs?
LEDs use 70-90 percent less energy than traditional incandescent light bulbs and last around 25 times longer.
What is ENERGY STAR?
ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. ENERGY STAR’s goal is to help you save money and to protect the environment through energy-eﬃcient products and practices.
How are ENERGY STAR certified LEDs diﬀerent?
ENERGY STAR certified LEDs meet strict government operating standards. To earn an ENERGY STAR label, light bulbs and ﬁxtures must pass extensive tests to ensure high-quality light production.
To learn more about ENERGY STAR light bulbs, visit the ENERGY STAR website.
How do I know which ENERGY STAR certified LEDs to choose?
To select the right bulb for your needs, use this wattage conversion chart:
|LIGHT OUTPUT (Lumens)||Incandescents (Watts)||LEDs (Watts)||CFLs (Watts)|
How do I dispose of LEDs?
LEDs can be disposed of in normal household trash.
Submit your review
I was at Home Depot in Fort Wayne during a June lighting presentation. Lots of great information and coupons I actually used that day. I have almost updated all the lights in my house.Thanks for all the info!Rob