How does it work?
- Home builders and developers earn rebates by constructing homes to Silver Star, Gold Star or Platinum Star energy efficiency standards based on the Home Energy Ratings System (HERS) Index score
- HERS score can be described as a sort of miles-per-gallon sticker that provides homeowners and prospective buyers with insight into the home’s energy efficiency. HERS scores typically range from 0 to 150 — the lower the HERS score, the more energy efficient the home.
- New construction must be a single-family home, duplex or multi-family end unit in I&M’s Indiana service territory
- Homes must be on a residential billing tariff to be eligible for rebates
- Application must be postmarked or emailed within 90 days of HERS certification (below) and prior to December 13, 2017
- HERS home rating
- Must occur between January 1, 2017 and December 13, 2017
- Must be submitted with application
- May be obtained from a local certified rater – Find a RESNET Home Energy Rater
- Not eligible:
- Ground source heat pumps
- Dual-fuel systems, where a heat pump is used in conjunction with a gas furnace
- See application for complete requirements and terms and conditions
Note: If a home does not meet all of these qualifications, rebates may be available through I&M’s Home Energy Products Program. However, homes are not eligible for rebates through both the Energy Efficient Products Program and the Home New Construction program.
Available Rebates – Indiana Customers Only
|Tier||Heat Type||HERS Score||Required Documentation||Rebate|
|Silver Star||Gas heat and AC||75 maximum||HERS Certificate||$250|
|Electric Heat and AC||75 maximum||HERS Certificate||$600|
|Gold Star||Gas heat and AC||65 maximum||HERS Certificate||$500|
|Electric Heat and AC||65 maximum||HERS Certificate||$900|
|Platinum Star||Gas heat and AC||56 maximum||HERS Certificate||$600|
|Electric Heat and AC||56 maximum||HERS Certificate||$1,000|
Custom home builder in Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan
Servicing: Allen, Dekalb, LaGrange, Huntington, Elkhart, LaPorte, Fulton, Wells, Whitley, Noble, Steuben, Kosciusko, St Joseph, Marshall, Starke, Adams, and Surrounding Areas
Mon.-Thurs. 8:00 am – 7:00 pm, Fri. 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Sat. 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
We have been in business since 1997, starting out as a framing contractor, and we have knowledgeable staff and field experience. Building your dream – from your starter home to your dream estate.
Servicing: Michiania area and southwest lower Michigan
Arbor Home Building Corp.
Barkley Builders, Inc.
Carriage Place Homes, Inc.
Colonial Homes, Inc.
Delagrange Homes, LLC
E.E. Brandenberger Construction, Inc.
Fall Creek Homes, Inc.
Foster and Park Homes
Foster Custom Homes, Inc.
Ft. Wayne Construction Trades Dev.
Granite Ridge Builders, Inc.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Elkhart County
Habitat for Humanity of St. Joseph County
Hakes Robrock Design Build
Hawthorn Valley Enterprises Inc.
Hydes Renovate Right
Integrity Builders, Inc.
J and K Construction
Keller Development, Inc.
Kline Custom Homes, Inc.
Lynn Delagrange, Inc.
Place Builders, Inc.
Pressel Enterprises, Inc.
Pride One Construction
Quality Crafted Homes, Inc.
Rand Custom Builders, Inc.
Rusk Builders, Inc.
RW Robrock Design Build
Schwartz Bros. Construction, LLC
Sievers Builders, LLC
Songbird Development Group, Inc.
South Bend Heritage Foundation, Inc.
Star Homes by Delagrange AND Richhart, Inc.
Timberlin Homes, LLC