How does it work?
- With this time-of-day rate plan, you’ll receive a lower rate for the electricity you use during “off-peak” times when electricity demand declines
- Lower rate is in effect 95% of the year
- Must be an I&M Residential customer residing in the South Bend Smart Meter Pilot Program area
- Must have a digital Smart Meter
You’ll be charged less for electricity used during off-peak times – see details below:
- On-peak times
- Electricity is billed at 19.881 cents per kilowatt-hour
- May-September: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Represent only 5% of the year
- Off-peak times
- Electricity is billed at 7.821 cents per kilowatt-hour
- May-September: All hours except 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- October-April: All hours of every day
Saving energy is smart! It’s easier than ever to have a more comfortable, energy-saving home and help protect the environment. Save with these energy-saving products, rebates and discounts.