Important Note Regarding Rebates! Effective August 5, 2019, the Indiana and Michigan lighting measures and Prescriptive pre-approval caps have changed. Please read the Quick Start Guide and Lighting FAQ to see how your project’s rebates may be impacted.
Saving energy and improving your bottom line is quick and easy with the Small Business Direct Install (SBDI) program. The SBDI program gives small business owners rebates on energy-efficient upgrades that can make a significant impact to the bottom line.
- Strip Curtain
- LED Lighting in Refrigerated Space
- Anti-sweat Heater Controls
- Auto Door Closers
- Night Covers
- Refrigerated Case Doors
- Floating Head or Suction Pressure Controls
- Motors and Controls
SBDI Fact Sheets
Find a Trade Ally
Projects completed in 2017-2018
- Must be a commercial and industrial customer in the Indiana Michigan Power Service Territory
- Monthly Demand must be less than 150kW per site
- Must use an approved SBDI Trade Ally – Trade Allies are qualified and approved contractors, vendors, and service providers of energy efficient products and services that can assist you with your projects.
- Lighting fixtures must be on one of the following qualified products lists below, or approved by program staff:
• DesignLights Consortium (DLC)
• ENERGY STAR®
Program Incentive Cap
- $3,000 per site or $21,000 per company across multiple sites per program year
Funds are limited and paid on a first come first served basis.
To get started…
- Contact any program approved SBDI Trade Ally or the program at 888-444-9085.
- Once determined eligible, an SBDI Trade Ally will schedule your on-site energy evaluation to determine appropriate energy efficiency opportunities for your business.
- Apply for rebate reservation via your SBDI Trade Ally
- SBDI Trade Ally installs approved upgrades during the evaluation site visit or schedules an installation appointment
- Projects must be completed and final applications submitted within 45 days of approval or before Program deadline (whichever comes first) to qualify for rebates. Program deadlines:
Indiana – November 15, 2019
Michigan – November 15, 2019